The academy is non-selective and open to children of all abilities. The academy will admit 120 year 7 students each year.
We hold open days each autumn for families whose children are interested in applying to the school the following year. Details of our open days for 2018 admission will be made available at a later date.
Applications must be made through the City of Birmingham admissions process. There is no supplementary form. You can find full details of the Birmingham admissions process here.
If the academy is oversubscribed priority is given to students with a statement of special educational needs where the academy is named on the statement. The remaining places are then offered in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- children of staff of the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage
- children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or -sister resident at the same address)
- Children attending Ark Tindal Primary Academy, Tindal Street, Christ Church CE Primary School, Claremont Road, or St Thomas’s CE Primary School, Great Colmore Street.
- children of staff of the school (where there is no skill shortage)
- the remaining places will be allocated children who live closest to the school, using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the academy to the main entrance to the child’s home.
For full details, please see the full policy available.
September 2018 entry
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Year 7 in September 2018 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
|Local Authority Application Deadline Date||Offer date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Secondary||31st October 2018||1 March 2019||29 March 2019|
|after 29 March 2019 (late appeals)|
‘On-time’ appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network, at least 10 school days before the hearing. They will provide a copy of the school’s statement of case which will be sent to each parent/carer at least 10 school days before the hearing.
If you wish to appeal for a place in year 7, please click here for the secondary appeal form. Please contact email@example.com or the academies Admissions Officer (Mrs S Mason - 0121 446 1300) if you need a paper form.