Exam Results Day and Sixth Form application information.
Exam results day for Sixth Form is Thursday 16th August 10am-1pm and for GCSE it is on Thursday 23rd August 10am-1pm.
Good luck to all year 11s currently sitting exams, applications for our sixth form are still open. We are currently planning an exciting taster day in July. Enrolment will take place on GCSE results day. Hope to see you then!
Ark St Alban’s Academy our specialisms: mathematics and engineering
We have developed our engineering and mathematics specialism with the following objectives:
- To raise standards of attainment across all areas
- To contextualise, unify and lend coherence to the curriculum
- To develop independent learners who understand the connections between disciplines
- To support cross-curricular and project based learning
- To use engineering processes as unifying elements, applying problem solving techniques and relating learning to real life contexts, across the curriculum
- To explore engineering and mathematics as means of developing solutions for challenges in the world
- To provide a pathway for our students to develop into economically productive citizens concerned for the moral and spiritual wellbeing of others
- To explore ethical issues including respect for the natural environment and the creation and distribution of wealth
- To provide high quality academic and vocational education by working with business partners including Aston University, Birmingham Metropolitan College, BMW Hams Hall and Cadbury
- To enable students to learn about engineering and mathematics through practical links with local engineering and manufacturing companies, benefitting from the resources offered by the city
- To work with industry and further and higher education to enhance our curriculum and prepare students for progression beyond 16
- To enable students to understand the potential of engineering as a high status academic and practical discipline
- To use engineering as a focus for learning and a way of thinking right across the curriculum and especially in mathematics, science and technology