Exam Results Day and Sixth Form application information.
Exam results day for Sixth Form is Thursday 16th August 10am-1pm and for GCSE it is on Thursday 23rd August 10am-1pm.
Applications for our sixth form are still open. Enrolment will take place on GCSE results day. Hope to see you then!
Ark St Alban’s Academy our specialisms: mathematics and engineering
We have developed our engineering and mathematics specialism with the following objectives:
- To raise standards of attainment across all areas
- To contextualise, unify and lend coherence to the curriculum
- To develop independent learners who understand the connections between disciplines
- To support cross-curricular and project based learning
- To use engineering processes as unifying elements, applying problem solving techniques and relating learning to real life contexts, across the curriculum
- To explore engineering and mathematics as means of developing solutions for challenges in the world
- To provide a pathway for our students to develop into economically productive citizens concerned for the moral and spiritual wellbeing of others
- To explore ethical issues including respect for the natural environment and the creation and distribution of wealth
- To provide high quality academic and vocational education by working with business partners including Aston University, Birmingham Metropolitan College, BMW Hams Hall and Cadbury
- To enable students to learn about engineering and mathematics through practical links with local engineering and manufacturing companies, benefitting from the resources offered by the city
- To work with industry and further and higher education to enhance our curriculum and prepare students for progression beyond 16
- To enable students to understand the potential of engineering as a high status academic and practical discipline
- To use engineering as a focus for learning and a way of thinking right across the curriculum and especially in mathematics, science and technology