Exam Results Day and Sixth Form application information.
Exam results day for Sixth Form is Thursday 16th August 10am-1pm and for GCSE it is on Thursday 23rd August 10am-1pm.
Good luck to all year 11s currently sitting exams, applications for our sixth form are still open. We are currently planning an exciting taster day in July. Enrolment will take place on GCSE results day. Hope to see you then!
Students open GCSE results live on air
Three of our students opened their results live on air this morning on the Pete Morgan Breakfast Show on BBC WM.
We are celebrating our best set of GCSE results yet with the number of students achieving five A*- C grades, including English and maths, jumping 8 points and reaching 64%.
83% of our pupils achieved grade A* – C in English, a rise of 23 percentage points on the previous year. 80% achieved A* – C in mathematics, maintaining the standards that saw the academy rated the top performing school in the country for progress in this subject in 2013/14. There were notable successes in the academy’s engineering specialism with a 100% pass rate in GCSE double award engineering and an 83% pass rate in GCSE product design. In IT 96% of students passed their GCSE at grade C or above.
Umar Sharif is one of the students who opened his results on air. He got 2 A*s, 5 As, 4 Bs at GCSE. He is going on to study A levels engineering, maths, further maths and physics at St Alban’s Sixth Form and hopes to go to university to study engineering or computer science. He also won a scholarship to attend Phillips Exeter Summer School in Boston this summer to study alongside other students from across the world.
“I really enjoy computing – ever since Year 7 I’ve been fascinated by them - I’m computer mad really. My dream university would probably be Imperial College because last summer I got to stay there for a week to experience life at university. St Alban’s has been a really good school for me. The teachers all helped you so you could come in in the morning and work - they’d be there before 7am and they’d be there after 6pm every day. If you needed help they would stay for you and they would come in during the holidays and on the weekend as well.”
David Gould, Principal at St Alban’s Academy, said:
“I congratulate all the students on their hard work and their results. These results, achieved through GCSE qualifications only, are a vindication of our belief in the academic potential to excel of every child, whatever their starting point. However, it is testament to the ethos of our academy community that every staff member and every student at St. Alban’s Academy believes we can achieve even more in the coming years. With our new building, dedicated and caring staff and a shared commitment to delivering outstanding education in partnership with the community we serve, we are confident that we will continue to progress. I’d like to thank our staff for their unshakeable belief in our students’ potential, our students for their diligence and our parents for their support.”
St Alban’s results in detail:
- 64% of students achieved at least 5A*-C grades including English and mathematics, a rise of 8 percentage points since 2013 (56%) and of 33 percentage points since the academy opened (2009, 31%)
- 83% of pupils achieved grade A* – C in English, a rise of 23% on the previous year (2012, 52%; 2013 60%)
- 80% achieved A* – C in Mathematics, maintaining the standards that saw the academy rated the top performing school in the country for progress in this subject in 2013. (2012, 83%; 2013 81%)
- 33% of students attained the EBacc standard, a rise of 14 percentage points on the previous year (2012 0%; 2013 19%)
- There were notable successes in the academy’s engineering specialism (100% pass rate in GCSE double award engineering; 83% pass rate in GCSE product design) and in IT (96% of students passed their GCSE at grade C or above).