Summer 2017 Exam results will be available for collection on the following dates:
A level Thursday 17th August 2017 7.30am until 11am in the 6th form area
GCSE Thursday 24th August 2017 10am until 1pm in the canteen.
Home Academy Agreement
- The academy has high expectations of all its students and will provide a secure, supportive, Christian environment in which each student is encouraged to grow in their own faith.
- The academy will provide high quality teaching and a curriculum that is appropriate to the needs of all its students, including those with special needs.
- The academy will keep parents informed about the progress of their child and will let them know immediately if there are concerns about their learning or behaviour.
- Academy staff will treat all students with respect.
- Mobile phones and other items of value, must be handed into Student Services on arrival at the Academy.Academy Staff will accept no responsibility for the recovery of such items where this has not occurred.
The Safety of Pupils and Staff at St Alban’s
- St Alban’s Academy follows the procedures for Child Protection of the Birmingham Area Child Protection Committee and Birmingham Education Authority.If at any time we believe that a child is in danger as a result of abuse or neglect we will refer the case to Social Services.In the interest of safety for both pupils and staff we may restrain a pupil if we feel that they are endangering, or will endanger themselves, others or property.On occasions, we may make appropriate physical contact with a child either because they are in need of help or comfort or because we are giving them emergency medical treatment.
- I will always do my best with my academy work and my homework.
- I will obey the classroom rules and the corridor rules.
- I will treat other people and academy property with respect.
- I will come to the academy properly equipped, on time and in academy uniform.
- I will have my planner and a reading book with me in all lessons.
- I will not bring any banned article or substance into the academy.I understand that this includes tobacco, alcohol, qat, illegal drugs and other mind altering substances.
- I will not bring ipods, computer games or other valuable items into the academy.
- I will not bring knives, blades or other weapons or dangerous items into the academy.I understand that if I do bring in any such items I will be permanently excluded.
- I understand that the quality of my work and behaviour will lead to rewards and sanctions as set out in the academy’s behaviour policy including ‘same day’ detentions and for more serious failings a 2 hour detention on Friday.
- I/We will do whatever we can to support our child’s learning.
- I/We will actively support the academy’s behaviour policy.
- I/We will ensure that our child is properly equipped for academy and wearing academy uniform.
- I/We will check my childs homework planner daily.
- I/We will attend Parents’ Evenings and Target Setting Interviews at the academy.
- I/We will ensure that our child attends regularly and punctually.We will inform the academy as soon as possible of the reason for any absence.
- I/We agree to the terms of the paragraph on safety, as written above.
- I/We understand that the academy Governors would expect me to contribute to the cost of any deliberate damage to academy property on the part of my daughter/ son or ward.
- I/We understand that the quality of my child’s work and behaviour will lead to rewards and sanctions as set out in the academy’s behaviour policy including ‘same day’ detentions until 1700 and, for more serious failings, a 2 hour detention on Friday until 1600.
- I/We understand that the academy behaviour policy and procedures have been approved by the governing body and sanctions applied in accordance with the policy are not negotiable.
- I/We understand that the compulsory academy day normally ends at 1610 on Monday to Thursday but that my child may be kept in the academy until 1700 without prior notice.
- I/We understand that the compulsory academy day ends at lunchtime on Friday and notice will be given in advance (or on the day if necessary) if my child is to be kept in the academy Friday detention until 1600. By signing this document you agree to abide by the expectations contained in the declarations.